It is currently Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:46 am

Update Idea for Nukes 

Post Update Idea for Nukes
Hello

In the current version, 1.05, the AI does not build any nuke launcher or nuke defense, but I know that the developer is working on that. So I hope we face AI armed with nukes as soon as possible.

Here are some Ideas to enhance this feature:

:idea: Submarine with Nukes
In real life submarines are a way to launch a nuke from the sea. In addition to Heavy Subs, I thought it would be cool to have a Heavier version of Submarines capable of building and launching nukes. The missiles in submarine, unlike the nuke launcher, should have a limited range which will compel the Player to move it near the desired target. The nuke can have a lighter damage then the nuke launcher and the missiles should be countered by the nuke defense. Each nuke/missile should worth at least $4500.

Here is some idea for its descriptions:

Nuke Sub ($20000)
-Very heavy Armour
-Can not attack units out of water
-Can build and launch Nukes

:idea: Mobile Surface to Surface Missile Launchers
The game in general lacks this feature. A mobile surface to surface (similar to SCUD missiles) missile that does not follow target and just causes areal damage need to be added to the game for even more better gaming experience. Also, it would be better to arm some of these missile launchers with small nukes. The nukes should have a limited range and can be countered by nuke defense. Each nuke should worth at least $4500.

Here is some idea for their descriptions:

For normal mobile missile launchers

[#Name] ($10000)
-Light Armour
-Can attack ground
-Heavy damage, slow reload

For mobile nuke launchers

Mobile Nuke Launcher ($20000)
-Heavy Armour
-Can build and launch nukes

Looking for comments and ideas of other forum members for improvement.

Thanks.

Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:54 pm

Post Re: Update Idea for Nukes
I FULLY SUPPORT THIS!

Especially the nuke subs. :D

But I'm a little skeptical regarding to the mobile launchers. Would those mobile launchers' missiles/nukes have a greatly reduced firing range and explosion radius/power? The price seems reasonable for me, too.

Since you're hitting up on mobile nuke launchers, how about mobile anti-nuke launchers too? :P

Excited to hear from luke about this idea :)

Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:34 am

Thank you for your support. Those mobile launchers, unlike current static nuke launcher, should have a range. Currently you can hit any target with a nuke no matter where the target is and how large the map. The mobile launcher will go near the target and when the target is in its range it will launch the missile with a small nuclear warhead.

I even had mobile anti-nukes in mind while writing that post, but I forgot to put it there. That is a great idea alongside with mobile laser defense.

Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:21 pm

Yeah, BTW with ai nuke is bad idea. They have too much money, and that means that you basicly cannot destroy them in time. Also battles 1 vs all would be impossible

Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:28 pm

killroy333 wrote:
Yeah, BTW with ai nuke is bad idea. They have too much money, and that means that you basicly cannot destroy them in time. Also battles 1 vs all would be impossible

That is, if people setting up a game don't have choice to turn off the nukes.

But they do :D

I'm pretty sure there are other players out there just waiting to use that rarely-used Anti-Nuke Launcher in SP games.

But having said all of that, I do hope that Skirmish gets a game setup overhaul. I once noticed that Skirmish AI seems different and more difficult than the Multiplayer AI. But you can ignore that, it might just be me.

Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:50 pm

An idea for a new tank, a atomic/nuclear/explosive/whatever -bomb tank.
I got this tank form an old game I played a lot on my DS, it's a defenseless explosive tank that can detonate on command. It was perfect for taking out enemy structures. When you detonate it, it was a layered explosion, one after another, that lasted for about 10 secs. But i don't think the game can handle that. But just I thought maybe something similar to that can be added. Maybe...

Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:54 am