It is currently Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:01 am

Cant host online 

Post Cant host online
Cant host games, tried port forwarding, opening port in firewall. all the usual things. Game doesn't pic up my Home IP address. instead shows some random IP address with '%' in. Any ideas on what is going on and how to fix it?

Cheers

Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:21 am

Post Re: Cant host online
He can join games though, just hosting, port and ip problem ?

Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:23 am
Site Admin

That's quite odd looks like the game is picking up a loop back address, it shouldn't be doing this but, what phone model is this?

For a work around, try getting an app like this one: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... t.showmyip
and see if it gives you a normal local IP, then use the direct connect feature for the people joining locally.

Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:41 am

Hey Luke,

Its a Samsung Galaxy Note.

Thanks for your suggestion, But I'd rather not be giving out my IP address, Since the internet seems to be rife with DDOS attacks lately. Especially with games. (PC)

Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:20 pm

Update, Fix didn't work. Hoping you can throw out a small update to fix the issue? Any other info you need from just ask :)

Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:14 pm
Site Admin

I'll try and fix this for the next update (might be helpful if I can send you a build to test it), but if you are trying to play online this shouldn't be an issue, the local IP address is only used for lan play.

When you tried port forwarding which local IP did you port forward to, try using one listed by an app like the one I linked to.

Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:29 pm

luke wrote:
I'll try and fix this for the next update (might be helpful if I can send you a build to test it), but if you are trying to play online this shouldn't be an issue, the local IP address is only used for lan play.

When you tried port forwarding which local IP did you port forward to, try using one listed by an app like the one I linked to.

Yes you can send me any builds to test if you wish, I cant host any games, LAN or Internet. I tried port forwarding my own IPV4 address if that is what you mean.

Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:50 pm